Fun Things To Do in Savannah
It's no wonder the charming city of Savannah frequently makes the Top 10 most popular U.S. cities lists. Walk, walk, walk! Stroll along Savannah's beautiful cobblestone streets and historic squares. The Southern gem is filled with landmark attractions, art and culture, fun restaurants and friendly Southern hospitality. Architecture buffs won't want to miss a visit to the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist — its magnificent Gothic towers can be seen over Lafayette Square in Savannah's Historic District.
Fun Savannah attractions and tours include:
- Savannah City "Hop-On-Hop-Off" Trolley Tour
- Romantic Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides
- Savannah Riverboat Cruises
- River Street (along the Savannah River) in the Waterfront District
- City Market shopping
- Tybee Island
- Colonial Churches
- Fort Pulaski and Fort Jackson
- Historic District — visit historic homes and museums
- Mercer Williams House Museum
(Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil)
- Owens-Thomas House and Museum
- Juliette Gordon Low House
- Savannah History Museum
- Bonaventure Cemetery
- Savannah Visitor Center
- Telfair Museum of Art (oldest public museum in the South)
- Savannah Walking Tours
Savannah Sighteeing Tours
Savannah Sightseeing Tours and Fun Things To Do
Best Time To Visit Savannah
The best time to visit Savannah is during peak season — the Spring (March) thru' early Summer (June/July). Fun city festivals take place throughout the Spring, Summer and Fall. Low season is January and February. The Christmas Holiday Season is another fun time to be in Savannah when temperatures are relatively mild.
Take a Day Trip to Charleston
If you have time, take a day trip to historic Charleston — it's about a 2-hour drive from Savannah, GA. Both of these charming Southern cities are not to be missed!
Savannah Visitor Center
Visit Savannah Visitor Center for more information on hotels and restaurants in Savannah.
Savannah, GA Map
View Larger Map