Fun Things To Do in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach is a popular beach destination drawing visitors from around the world. It's located approximately 90 miles from Charleston. Myrtle Beach is also known for its golfing, shopping, dining and nightlife.
Fun Myrtle Beach attractions include:
- Miles of white sandy beaches
- Oceanfront Boardwalk and Promenade
- SkyWheel (East Coast's tallest Observation Wheel)
- The Carolina Opry
- Waterfront Amusement Parks
- Brookgreen Gardens
- Hopsewee Plantation (South Carolina National Historic Landmark)
- Battleship North Carolina
- Patriots Point Museum (home of the USS Yorktown)
- Children's Museum of South Carolina
- Horry County Museum
- Art & Soul Museum
- Franklin G. Burrough-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum of Myrtle Beach
- The Howard Gallery
- Shopping and Tanger Outlet Centers
- South Carolina Hall of Fame
- Conway River Walk
- Huntington Beach State Park
- Myrtle Beach State Park
Myrtle Beach Sightseeing Tours
Myrtle Beach Sightseeing Tours and Fun Things To Do
Best Time To Visit Myrtle Beach
The best time to visit Myrtle Beach is during the Spring and Fall (March thru' September). Peak season is June thru' August. Hurricane season is June thru' November. Busy holiday times include 4th of July, Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Take Day Trips to Charleston & Savannah
Take a day trip to historic Charleston — it's about 90-minute drive from Myrtle Beach. From there, if you have time, drive to Savannah (approximately 2 hours from Charleston). Both of these charming Southern cities are not to be missed!
Myrtle Beach Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
Visit Myrtle Beach Area Convention and Visitors Bureau for more information on hotels and restaurants in Myrtle Beach.
South Carolina Map
View Larger Map