“The view of Jerusalem is the history of the world; it is more, it is the history of the earth and of heaven.”
– Benjamin Disraeli
Israel is located in the Middle East. It borders Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria. Steeped in history and culture, Israel is renowned for its natural beauty. It’s home to picturesque sandy beaches, stunning coastlines, parks, deserts and mountains. Israel is also famous for its ancient walls and sacred sites. It makes a fun and educational family vacation destination.
Fun Israel Attractions
There’s so much history to experience in this amazing country. Explore the Old City of Jerusalem and visit the Wailing Wall. As is customary, don’t forget to put a note with your prayer into a crack on the Wailing Wall. Follow in the steps of Jesus by walking the Via Dolorosa. Get an early start to the day and hike (or take the tram) to the top of Masada and its ancient fortress and watch the sun rise over the Dead Sea. Truly a spectacular sight!
Top attractions and sacred sites include:
- Bethlehem – visit The Church of Nativity, where Jesus was born.
- Church of the Holy Sepulchre – site of Jesus’ crucifixion and burial.
- Dead Sea – its high salt content allows you to float; a unique and fun experience.
- Dome of the Rock – on the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem.
- Eilat – beautiful beach resort on the Red Sea, near Jordan.
- Ein Gedi Nature Reserve – stunning desert oasis on the shore of the Dead Sea. Enjoy scenic hikes, pools, caves and waterfalls.
- Haifa – Bahai Gardens on Mount Carmel, a popular attraction.
- Masada – hike to the top to see a stunning sunrise over the Dead Sea.
- Mount of Olives – dates back to biblical times.
- Nazareth – ancient city where Jesus grew up.
- Old City of Jerusalem – surrounded by ancient walls, home to holy sites – Dome of the Rock, Wailing Wall and Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Sea of Galilee – the lowest freshwater lake on earth.
- Tel Aviv – bustling nightlife, international cuisine and culture capital.
- Tiberias – one of the four Holy Cities in Israel.
- Wailing Wall – sacred site in the Old City of Jerusalem.
- Yad Vashem Memorial and Holocaust Museum – a must-see museum.
Book Israel Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips and Fun Things To Do
Tour the Old City of Jerusalem. Visit the Wailing Wall and the Last Supper Room (where Jesus shared the Last Supper with his disciples). Walk along the Via Dolorosa (Stations of the Cross). Explore Jerusalem and visit the Holocaust Museum on a Day Trip from Tel Aviv. Swim and watch the sun rise over the Dead Sea (the lowest point on earth). Go Diving in the Red Sea beach resort of Eilat.
Travel to the Holy Land sites of Bethlehem, Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee. Explore Ein Gedi Nature Reserve, one of the most popular nature sites in Israel. Take a fun Day Trip from Jerusalem to Jordan’s ancient city of Petra.
Book Your Israel Business Trip or Vacation
The Best Time To Visit Israel
The best time to visit Israel weather-wise is between March-June or October-November. Expect hot and dry weather April-October. Winters (November-March) can be cold and rainy. Note: The popular Red Sea beach resort of Eilat (at Israel’s southernmost tip) enjoys beautiful year-round sunny weather.
It’s relatively easy to get around Israel. See approximate driving times below:
- Tel Aviv-Jerusalem
- Jerusalem-Dead Sea
- Tel Aviv-Eilat (Beach)