“Virtue is not knowing but doing.”
– Japanese Proverb
Japan is located off the East Coast of Asia, in the northwest Pacific Ocean. The island is home to elegant Shinto shrines, Imperial palaces and classic Buddhist temples. It’s also renowned for its beautiful Japanese Tea Gardens, colorfully dressed Geishas, authentic tea ceremonies, and Japanese culinary delicacies. Bring on the sushi!
Fun Kyoto Attractions
Kyoto is Japan’s most beautiful city. Rich in culture and history, it’s also famous for its magnificent Springtime cherry blossoms. Be sure to visit Sagano Bamboo Forest, Japan’s most famous Bamboo Forest. It’s one of the most photographed places in Kyoto (see picture below).
Top must-see Kyoto attractions include:
- Fushimi Inari-Taisha Shrine – pictured at top
- Kinkakuji Zen Buddhist Temple – The Temple of the Golden Pavilion
- Kiyomizu Temple – one of Kyoto’s most famous temples
- Kyoto International Manga Museum
- Monkey Park in Iwatayama – feed Japanese Macaque monkeys
- Nijo Castle – a World Heritage site
- Nishiki Market – a 5-block-long covered market with over 100 food and specialty stalls
- Ryoanji Temple – spectacular Rock Garden
- Sagano Bamboo Forest (Arashiyama Bamboo Grove)
- Sanjusangendo Temple – houses over 1000 carved wooden statues of Kannon, the Buddhist Goddess of Mercy
Book Kyoto Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips and Fun Things To Do
Take a Guided Tour of Kyoto’s ancient temples and shrines. Become a sushi chef for the day on this fun Kyoto Sushi-Making Class. Enjoy a Guided Walking Tour through Kyoto’s magnificent Sagano Bamboo Forest (also known as Arashiyama Bamboo Grove). Learn the skills of ancient Japanese warriors and become a Samurai for a Day. Take a Kyoto Cooking Class, Sake Tasting and Nishiki Food Market Walking Tour. Book a fun Bike Tour and have fun exploring Kyoto’s popular attractions.
Find Kyoto Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips and Fun Things To Do
Fun Tokyo Attractions
Enjoy the best of Japanese culture, history, shopping and dining. Tokyo is renowned for its ancient Buddhist temples, bustling nightlife, fine sushi restaurants and international cuisine. The city was also host to the 2020 Summer Olympics (held in 2021) after being postponed for a year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Top Tokyo attractions include:
- Asakusa Kannon Temple – ancient Buddhist temple
- Ginza – upscale shopping and fine dining destination
- Imperial Palace – primary residence of the Emperor of Japan
- Meiji Jingu Shrine – dedicated to Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken
- Senso-ji – Tokyo’s oldest Buddhist temple
- Shibuya Crossing – the world’s busiest pedestrian crossing
- Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden – one of Tokyo’s largest parks
- Sumida River – cruise along the river for amazing Tokyo views
- Tokyo National Museum at Ueno Park – one of the city’s largest, oldest and best museums
- Toyosu Market – originally Tsukiji Market – fun for foodies!
- Tokyo SkyTree – Japan’s tallest structure.
Get a panoramic view of Tokyo’s skyline and Mt. Fuji from two enclosed decks (Tembo Deck and Tembo Gallery) – the highest observation decks in Japan
- Tokyo Tower – popular tourist spot
Book Tokyo Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips and Fun Things To Do
Tour Tokyo’s historic temples and picturesque gardens. Take a relaxing Tokyo Bus Tour and see the city’s famous landmarks. Explore Tokyo at night on a Small-Group Evening Photography Tour. Check out your culinary skills. Take a fun Sushi-Making Class. If you have time, take a Day Trip to Mt. Fuji (pictured below), an active volcano and the tallest mountain in Japan. It’s one of the country’s most popular tourist attractions.
Find Tokyo Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips and Fun Things To Do
Japan Sightseeing Tours & Day Trips
Whatever Japanese city you’re planning to visit, click on the link below to find Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips and Fun Things To Do.
Find Japan Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips and Fun Things To Do
Book Your Japan Business Trip or Vacation
Get the best travel deals, airfares, car rentals, hotels or vacation apartments from our top Travel Partners.
Book Your Japan Business Trip or Vacation
The best time to visit Japan is during Springtime (March-May) and Fall/early Winter (from September-November).
Cherry Blossom Season
One of the most beautiful times to visit Japan is during Cherry Blossom Season, typically early April.