“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”
– Henry David Thoreau
Singapore is located on the tip of the Malay Peninsula in Southeast Asia. It’s one of our favorite Asian travel destinations. And it’s a great place for foodies, blending Malay, Chinese, Indonesian, Indian and western cuisine. Singapore’s magnificent skyline features the opulent Marina Bay Sands resort (pictured above and below). It’s especially impressive at night when everything is illuminated. Marina Bay Sands was featured in the 2018 hit Hollywood movie, “Crazy Rich Asians” – a wonderful romantic comedy. Take a “Private Crazy Rich Asians Singapore Tour” and see all the glamorous locations from the film.
Fun Singapore Attractions
There are so many fun things to do in Singapore. Here are a few of the most popular attractions:
- ArtScience Museum -experience a world of art and science at the Marina Bay Sands resort, located along the Marina Bay waterfront. Its unique sculpturally-shaped curved form over the promenade resembles a lotus (as pictured above)
- Buddha Tooth Relic Temple & Museum – visit one of Singapore’s must-see cultural sites, located in the historic district of Chinatown. See extensive collections on Buddhist culture, art and history. Admission to the temple is free. Weekly guided tours are also available.
- Cloud Forest Dome – see the world’s largest indoor waterfall at this popular Gardens by the Bay attraction.
- Gardens by the Bay – nature-lovers won’t want to miss seeing this unique garden attraction. Home to three beautiful gardens, one of which includes stunning tree-like structures towering 160 feet.
- Marina Bay Sands – luxury resort, fine restaurants, trendy shops, ArtScience Museum, and an indoor skating rink.
- Marina Bay Sands Skypark Observation Deck – viewing deck and infinity pool offers visitors stunning panoramic views of Singapore.
- Merlion Park – famous for Singapore’s national icon, the mythical Merlion (with the head of a lion and body of a fish) spouting water from its mouth into a fountain.
- National Gallery Singapore – home to the world’s largest public collection of Singapore and Southeast Asian modern art.
- Night Safari – see the world’s first safari night park with over 2,500 nocturnal animals, including Malayan tigers, White African lions, Asian elephants, and Red and White giant flying squirrels.
- Orchard Road – shop to your heart’s content at Singapore’s famous upscale shopping area.
- Raffles Hotel – legendary and historic colonial hotel, visited by writers Rudyard Kipling, Ernest Hemingway, and Somerset Maugham. The famous cocktail “Singapore Sling” was invented at Raffles. We had fun drinking the cocktails at their hotel bar.
- Singapore Botanic Gardens – home of the National Orchid Garden.
- Singapore Flyer – at 541-ft tall, it’s one of the world’s largest observation wheels, offering views of nearby Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Singapore Zoo – one of our favorite zoos. It’s home to over 4,000 animals, including Asian elephants, rare White tigers and rhinos, Grey kangaroo, cheetahs, chimpanzees, giraffes, and Komodo dragons.
Book Singapore Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips and Fun Things To Do
“Crazy Rich Asian” fans won’t want to miss taking a fun Half-Day Private Rich Crazy Asians Car Tour and see the glamorous locations from the hit movie. Experience a Singapore Night Safari and have fun exploring the jungle park in an open-air tram. Visit Singapore Zoo and enjoy an optional Breakfast with Orangutans. Get Tickets to Marina Bay Sands Skypark Observation Deck and admire panoramic views of Singapore and it’s breathtaking skyline.
Private Crazy Rich Asians: Singapore Icons & Filming Locations Car Tour
Book Your Singapore Business Trip or Vacation
Get the best travel deals, airfares, car rentals, hotels or vacation apartments from our top Travel Partners.
The Best Time To Visit Singapore
Singapore is a year-round destination. However, the best time to visit is from December-June. During February-April, the country has less rainfall, lower humidity and the most sunshine.