Check out the “Top 10 World’s Most Visited Tourist Attractions” according to a recent survey by Travel + Leisure magazine before planning your next vacation or weekend getaway. You may be surprised to see what made the list – I know we were!
We’ve visited all of the “Top 10 World’s Most Visited Tourist Attractions” listed below and agree that they should be on everybody’s “must-see” list. Although, if it was up to us, we’d substitute a few of our personal favorites that didn’t make the list, including: Stonehenge, The Great Wall of China, Forbidden City (Beijing), Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower, Yosemite, Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London – plus a few that are on our bucket list, including: The Taj Mahal, Great Pyramids of Egypt and Machu Picchu.
Top 10 World’s Most Visited Tourist Attractions:
- Times Square (39.2 million)
- Central Park in New York City (38 million)
- Washington D.C.’s Union Station (37 million)
- Las Vegas Strip (29.5 million)
- Niagara Falls (22.5 million)
- NYC’s Grand Central Terminal (21.6 million)
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston (18 million)
- Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, Orlando (about 17 million*)
- Disneyland, Anaheim, California (about 16 million*)
- Grand Bazaar, Istanbul (15 million)
*Disney never gives attendance figures; both of these are estimates
What countries get the most tourists? France is No. 1, the USA is No. 2 and China passed Spain last year to rank No. 3 according to T+L, based on World Tourism Organization stats.
Source: (and how list was compiled) Travel + Leisure magazine October 2011
Do you agree with these Top 10 tourist attraction picks? What attractions would YOU add to the list?
Find More Fun Things To Do on our Twitter page @FunThingsToDo