Does today’s fast-changing technology, non-stop barrage of information and “always on” social media make your head spin? You’re not alone. It seems almost impossible to keep up with everything and everyone these days. Juggling work, family, personal life – and an epidemic of multi-tasking and constant busyness in our lifestyles has become the norm. Even while on vacation, how many can’t resist texting, checking emails, or posting on social? It’s no surprise that stress levels are through the roof.
So how do you deal with all this noise, disruption and technology-related stress?
One way of managing your stress effectively and bringing more balance into your life is through Mindfulness Meditation.
Mindfulness Meditation is about being mindful and paying attention to the present moment – it’s an invaluable tool for self-growth. Meditation has been proven to calm the mind, relieve stress and anxiety, improve health and emotional well-being, promote awareness and creativity, improve concentration and productivity, sharpen memory, promote better sleep and boost your social life. In a nutshell, Mindfulness Meditation can help you live a happier, healthier, more balanced and fulfilling life.
So how do you get started? Simple… just follow our 10 meditation tips listed below.
10 Tips To Meditate Every Day
- Commit to meditating for just 1 minute a day to start… and do it every day. After a week, meditate for just 5 minutes a day and do it for 21 days until it becomes a habit. Gradually work your way up to your ideal time (it may be 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes or more).
- Choose a good time of the day or night to meditate. Stick to that time as best you can so it becomes a habit and part of your daily routine.
- Find a quiet place to sit in stillness – your house, office, car, outside in nature… Mute your phone and mobile devices so you won’t be distracted. If at home or at work, tell family members or office staff that you don’t want to be disturbed.
- Set a timer to the amount of time you want to meditate.
- Select music that you like on your smartphone… or take a guided meditation lesson… or meditate in silence… whatever works for you. Use headphones if needed.
- Sit up straight, relax your shoulders and close your eyes.
- Focus on your breathing. Start with 5 deep breaths. Inhale through your nose and exhale deeply through your mouth. Next, inhale and exhale through your nose.
- Don’t be discouraged if your mind wanders. We’d be surprised if it didn’t! You’ll have good days and better days… Just keep it up and it will get easier.
- Practice, practice, practice! Meditate a little bit every day and it will do wonders for your physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. The benefits are so worth it!
- Reward yourself. Treat yourself to a little something after successfully meditating for a week, 21 days, a month… you get the idea. Maybe it’s a cupcake, an ice-cream or a pizza… maybe it’s seeing a movie with a friend… maybe it’s a stroll in the park, a hike or a walk along the beach.
10 Tips To Meditate Every Day Infographic
New Online Self-Paced Guided Meditation Courses
Take one of our easy online self-paced guided meditation courses and start meditating today!
- “How to Meditate Every Day For 60-seconds” (FREE Mini Course)
- “Mindfulness Meditation: 7 Simple Steps To Zen”